Simply Shift Free Pattern: Date Night Frock in Desert Sunset

November 22, 2014

Here's the next installment of my Simply Shift free pattern! Get the free pattern and instructions here. I used chiffon fabric from Hancock Fabrics. It's a gorgeous abstract pink, coral and grey wide print. 
I've found that Hancock Fabric has a much better selection of apparel fabrics than JoAnn's. There's more large prints in fabrics that are appropriate for clothing. JoAnn's has a lot of great quilter's fabrics in smaller print. Plus I bought this fabric for only $2.50 a yard on sale! The lining was also $2.50 so altogether I only spent $5 on this dress!

I cut the fabric the night before. The next day I started sewing the dress at 10am and finished at 11:30am. Only an hour and 30 minutes (including bathroom breaks;-). Not bad.

3 {comments}:

Beth K said... Best Blogger Tips

Nice series -- loving these looks!

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Love the simple shift dress.. any tips on grading? I printed it but I'm about a size 16 :(

Grosgrain said... Best Blogger Tips

@Rebecca WagnerI would start with this tutorial from Burdastyle!
http://www.burdastyle.com/blog/a-pattern-grading

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...